Posters are everywhere. Starting from a school poster, promoting up coming Book Fair, to a poster in an Art Museum, made by famous artist, we can easily spot them in our lives. The type of posters that I was particularly interested in were modern design posters. These posters are simple, yet leave strong images on the viewers. After looking at several posters, I decided to make one by myself. However, I didn’t know how I should design my poster. I was brainstorming ideas while watching a TV. Then, I saw TeenTop, a Korean boy band group, on the TV show. I have listened to their song and watched their music video before. While I was watching the show, one of the member grabbed my attention. Niel, a boy with silver hair with a little bit of wine colored streaks, thick lips, and black eyeliner, was singing. Suddenly, I thought of a great idea for my poster! Yes! I wanted to make a poster of Niel.
After deciding my idea, I had to design and think about how I can represent Niel on to a dull poster board. I went to a near stationary store and looked at all the different colored papers. I chose the color for his hair, eyes, and lips. I thought Niel’s trademark were those three, so I picked the colors that would be appropriate for him. So, here it is, how I made Niel poster! 🙂
What you need:
1. Cut out the base of the hair
2. Add streaks with a different colored paper to make the hair texture
3. Cut out the eyes using a different colored paper. (I used silver, because my poster board was already black)
4. Cut out the shape of the lips. Since I used light purple for the lips, I used dark purple for the lips lines.
5. Use a bright colored paper for the highlights.
6. Arrange the eye, lips, and hair on to the poster board, and glue them on.
I cut out ‘Niel’ with a light green paper and glued it to the bottom of the poster to make it look more complete!
Now you are DONE!
Thanks for reading!
These are some pictures of modern design posters. Simplicity is the key point!
All photos of posters from Creative Commons